Noise complaint laws

According to WIKI, “Who Do You Call to File a Noise Complaint? If there is a noise disturbance and it’s during business hours for your property owner, you can call them. However, if it’s after hours, call the police”.
A first-time fine for violating the noise ordinance is $250. The fine is $500 for a second offense.
Exposure to sounds of 115 decibels for 15 minutes a day causes hearing loss, according to the Center for Hearing and Communication, a valuable site for noise-related resources.
According to The Noise Act 1996,” states that the hours of “night” are 11 pm to 7 am so technically loud music from a party should be turned off, or at the very least down at 11 pm. Excessive noise can be reported at any time of day.
Vic- Loud music must be switched off between 10 pm and 7 am Monday to Thursday. On Fridays, the curfew is at 11 pm. Music is restricted before 9 am and after 11 pm on Saturdays and before 9 am and after 10 pm on Sundays”.
Do wisely. Call the police, if you think criminal law is being violated. Some universally disturbing sounds are commonly banned or restricted. For instance, most cities prohibit honking car horns unless there is a danger. This means that the daily early morning tooting across the street for the carpool is a violation. Dogs and motorcycles may also be singled out.

Many towns also prohibit sustained noise that exceeds a certain decibel level. The decibel limits are set according to the time of day and the neighborhood zoning. When a neighbor complains, police place decibel level monitoring equipment on an estimated property line and take a reading.
Don’t Write Your Neighbors a Letter or Report Them to Others.
Do meet them in person.
Don’t get defensive.
Do take a deep breath.
Do ask yourself if you’re a good neighbor.
Do inform (and Invite) your neighbors about your upcoming party.
Approach neighbors directly. Always talk to your neighbor first to make them aware of how you feel.
Take notes.
Write a letter.
Keep a diary.
Speak to their landlord or association.
Call in a middle-man.
Contact your local authority.
Take matters into your own hands.
If it extremely late or a disturbance outside of your building, contact 311, which is the non-emergency number in most cities to reach the local police. You can file a complaint anomalously. If you contact the police, they will come out and inspect the noise themselves.
The LAPD suggests,” that noise complaint, from loud TVs to awful parties, are best dealt with by your local police station. Call them at (877) ASK-LAPD (275-5273). Do not call 911. If your neighbor complaint is more of the barking dog variety, try the city’s Animal Care and control department.
sound-proofing design tricks for your home”.
You can also contact your tenant association, building owner, or super for help if a neighbor in your building is often noisy.
Sue for nuisance. If your neighbor keeps disturbing you, you can sue, and ask the court for money damages or order the neighbor to stop the noise (“abate the nuisance,” in legal terms). For money damages alone, you can use small claims court. For a court order telling somebody to stop doing something, you’ll probably have to sue in regular court.
Your landlord or other authority is much more likely to confront the noisy neighbor or even evict him or her — if a group of people complains. Remain polite, but state matter-of-factly that if he or she fails to turn down the noise, you’ll have to notify the police.

If raucous neighbors have moved in and the noise won’t stop, it’s time to visit a lawyer and find out more options. It often makes a more effective impression when you visit your neighbor about noise pollution and start by saying, “I’ve talked to a lawyer.”

Of course, what you really want is for the nuisance to stop. But getting a small claims court to order your neighbor to pay you money can be amazingly effective. And suing in small claims court is easy, inexpensive, and doesn’t require a lawyer.
Noise Ordinances are local laws prohibiting excessive and unnecessary noise.

How To File A Noise Complaint

How to Handle Noise Complaints from Neighbors